Know Which Floorings Used In India
Flooring can make a dramatic difference in the appearance of your home. It also contributes to the resale value as well as enhances the character of a home. Nowadays there are a number of choices available in the market if you are considering doing the flooring for your house. Before buying a house, let’s find out about the four of the most popular flooring styles used in India.
1. Laminated flooring
Brick floorings have been used in India for centuries in houses offices and as well as on streets and side walks. In fact these floorings had become so famous that some architects created the brick pattern on laminate flooring. Some people wanted the look of bricks minus the rough texture. These laminated floors are scratch resistant, durable and easy to clean. In India, most manufacturers provide an offer at least a 10 year warranty on the product. These floors give your house the welcoming and warm feel.
- Adds beauty and value to your house.
- You can apply it yourself and hence save on money.
- The natural tones will gel with anything as these floors are versatile.
- Those who suffer from allergies, laminate will give you a break from all the sneezing and distress that a carpet can cause.
- It is difficult to clean because of its tendency to smudge.
- Scratches, dents and other common damage are not easily repaired.
2. Concrete flooring
This kind of floor is mainly favored by the industries in India. This is an adjustable product which provides 60 percent more power to the floor compared to other flooring solutions. One can personalise these tiles with their own touch, avaliable in different colours you can apply different textures, patterns, insert saw cuts etc. These tiles are naturally colored so they blend very nicely with the other elements of the area. Affordable and sophisticated is what they stand for!
- Concrete floors are eco-friendly and energy saving.
- They use less energy in production compared to any other flooring type.
- No trees need to be cut down and concrete is recyclable.
- Professional Installation – is required.
- The installation is very messy. Care needs to be taken to protect the walls and furniture in your home during installation.
- Some people who have installed concrete floors report feeling cold, despite adding area carpets.
- These floors can be tiring for those standing on it for a long period of time.
3. Tiles flooring
Tiles have taken over the use of stone and cemented floors in majority of houses in India. They can be found in a variety of patterns and designs. The tile industry is growing rapidly in India as a number of exporters, manufactures and wholesales are participating in the sale and purchase if the same and the demand is also growing. Various tiles such as Rustic tiles, Ceramic floor tiles, and Vinly, Porcelain and Mosaic tiles can be used in a house. Most of this raw material is procured from earth while stone tiles are obtained from digging in mines. Tiles give your home a contemporary feel!
- Tiles come in a lot of variety.
- Can be kept clean easily.
- If you break a tile, you only have to replace one tile.
- Tiles can be quieter than, laminate flooring which carry sound from room to room.
- On a wet floor, some tiles can become slippery.
- Tiles can be broken by dropping something heavy on them.
- These can be quite expensive.
4. Marble flooring
Most Indian households demand of marble flooring, both inside as well as outside the house. This is the most expensive product out of the lot. The best place to utilize marbles is in bathrooms, dining areas and pathways and balconies. Marble is available in slabs, blocks and tiles. Colours like green, black and white are available to choose from. The cost of a marble depends on the colour and design; this is a durable product and can last for years. Though the surface is hard and cold and it can get permanently stained if you spill some chemicals or food on it. Keeping marble in its original state takes a lot of care, patience and time. Still, marble will always be an all time favourite of many.
- Marble flooring is easy to clean.
- Another advantage of having marble flooring is that marble is very durable.
- Marble floors demand regular maintenance, one needs to devote time to do the cleaning.
- Marble tiles are quite expensive.
- Marble is so heavy that the floor needs extra support for carrying the load.
Category : Flatons Advisors Blog